Monday 17 May 2010

Motherhood

How did I end up here then? Well other than the obvious answer, of course. I was always the one saying that children where planned much later in my life, but it seems things have played out differently for me. For as long as I can remember, I was going out every week, finding new clubs in Leicester Square, raving it up and somehow stumbling home. Now, this has been traded for evenings in front of the television most nights, finding local playgroups and hopefully be in bed by 10pm. The transition happened so quickly, yet so smoothly. Motherhood, you never know how it is really going to be, until it happens.
Then it hits you. POW! As many of you mums already know, something amazing happens when you have a child, and automatically, you think about everything so differently. My daily schedule consists of my son and me at home, so now even my weekly trip to Tesco is always truly an event!
Endless housework, ironing, clothes washing and dish washing can be challenging, but soon enough I found a routine as i had to be efficient with my time. Now I am really grateful when my home is looking spick and span and free from Lego for longer than an hour! On another note, it has been nearly 2 years and unlike some, my post-baby body has not been so lucky to snap back, and with all these OK magazines and celebrities, constantly in your face, showcasing how easy it was for them. They have personal trainers available around the clock so it's much easier. Trying to find the energy, let alone the time, is a mission in itself. Around a crying baby, changing nappies, making bottles, entertaining, grocery shopping, early morning starts and late up in the night……….. AND squeezing in exercise 1 hour a day 4 days a week! I’m exhausted even thinking about it. But as time passes and with the summer season rapidly approaching, it has shifted up on my priority list, so those two magic words are back in my vocabulary. Diet and exercise! I am jumping back onto the Nintendo Wii Fit Plus and I’ll let you know of the progress I make towards my goal of being a yummy mummy. Motherhood. You’ve got to love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers